Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Recently Read & Recommend

I am starting a new post series called Recently Read & Recommend in which I post books I have recently read, really enjoyed, and recommend.

So, here is the first book:

The Scarlet Pimpernel
by Baroness Emmuska Orczy


First published in 1905, The Scarlet Pimpernel, is the best-known novel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy, a prolific author of popular fiction and plays. The novel pioneered the tale of the masked avenger and paved the way for such future enigmatic heroes as Zorro and the Lone Ranger. The Scarlet Pimpernel is a relevant and enormously entertaining tale of survival and pluck during times of widespread fear, hypocrisy, and corruption.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book! I didn't know if I would, but after the first few chapters I could hardly put it down. Reading this book made me want to take French lessons again (I took four years in high school and hardly remember a thing). I loved the mystery of it all. Highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment