Friday, July 8, 2011

Snapshot of a Preschool Homeschooler

Our preschooler is smart as a whip, and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased (even though I am). Maybe it is because she has two older siblings and we homeschool, but she picks things up so fast. She has been writing her name, her sister's name, her brother's name, mommy, and daddy for months and if someone spells her name wrong she crosses it out and corrects it.

Case in point: On Mother's Day her Sunday school teacher (we adore her) misspelled her name on the back of her project, so she fixed it.


In April she colored and cut these out all by herself...I'm not kidding, and in case you didn't know she's 3.


Here she is in February making letters with the Handwriting Without Tears cards and wood pieces. As she makes each consonant letter she also tells me the sound the letter makes (we just started working on the vowels).



And at the end of June she started doing Explode the Code Online. It is challenging for her (some parts more than others), but she is coming along and is now reading three letter short A words.

At this point I'm thinking she may be my easiest child to homeschool (and let me tell you Jordan was fairly easy), but I'm going to knock on wood anyway just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment