Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Totally Swamped

For about the last month we have been so busy and I have felt swamped almost everyday, and that is why I haven't blogged in awhile. Here is just a sample of what has kept us (especially me) so busy:
1. We started our 2011-12 home school year on August 23 and for several weeks leading up to our first day I was busy planning and making sure we had everything we needed. So far the year is going well, although there are days when we barely manage to get the basics done.

2. Our homeschool group has kept me very busy as last week our Co-op started and I have had lots to do with class registration, payment, planning, organizing, scheduling, etc. I also helped plan a Co-op human anatomy class for our kindergaten and first graders. I was supposed to co-teach the class as well, but I am so busy at Co-op that it is very hard to do, and it was an absolute answer to prayer when my sweet and wonderful co-teacher asked if I wanted her to teach so I could be free to manage Co-op as needed. I was seriously close to pulling out my hair when she emailed me this offer and I am SO thankful.

3. Last month we started the process of becoming licensed foster/adoptive parents by taking 9 (of 12) Pre-Service Training classes. Each class is 3 hours long and we did them in 2 weekends. The first weekend we took 3 on Friday, 2 on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday, and the second weekend we took 1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. We still have 3 more to do and those will be in November. After we have completed all of the training classes we will be ready to submit our application and begin the homestudy process. I have no idea where all of this will lead, but we felt called to do this and to follow the path wherever it may lead.

4. Add to all of this our regular activites (b-day party, fun days and lunches/dinners with family and friends, piano lessons, dance classes, etc) and day to day life (meals, laundry, cleaning, etc) and you have the makings of a very full calendar.

I don't think our schedule will be getting any lighter, but I have made a pact with myself not to add anything else (except for the church small group that we agreed to host/facilitate starting next Sunday - ha!). I hope to get back to blogging more regularly sometime this month because I have really missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment