Thursday, November 29, 2012

Why International Adoption?

As some of you know we have embarked on a new adventure into the world of international adoption. We are beginning this process in addition to being foster parents and some of you may be wondering why we have decided to add this to our already full (OK, overflowing) plates.

While there were many factors, prayers, and discussions that went into our decision to pursue international adoption (including our foster experience) there were a few specific things that influenced and impacted us in major ways, so I thought I'd share them with you.

THE BOOK
Kisses From Katie by Katie Davis
 

THE SONGS
Live Like That by Sidewalk Prophets and Follow You by Leeland (featuring Brandon Heath)





THE FAMILY
The Litzke Family! Read a little about Mandy Litzke and her amazing family here.

THE VIDEO
Our church recently started a new ministry called Hope 4 Every Child and they played this video at the first meeting:



After seeing this we knew we had to do more and so we made the decision to begin another journey. We sent in our application at the end of September and have been plugging away ever since. We are still in the early stages of the process, but hope to finish our home study by the end of the year.

We can't wait to see what God will do with our 'yes,' and we will keep everyone posted as we move into next year!


And the King will answer them, "Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me." ~Matthew 25:40

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world. ~James 1:27

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. ~John 14:18

3 comments:

  1. You BLESS ME sweet friend and prayer partner! Keep shining for HIM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh..and you include a favorite book and two of my favorite songs. ;-) Oh how I do want to "Live like THAT"!

      Delete
    2. I also adore the song "I Refuse" by Josh Wilson :)

      Delete