Friday, September 6, 2013

A Year Ago {Adoption Update}

Last year at this time God lead us to the decision to pursue international adoption, and we started researching agencies, talked to other adoptive families, chose China, applied to our agency, and took our first steps on this journey. I never dreamed that my adoption update blog post a year later would be: still waiting. I honestly believed our one year update would include a picture of our soon to be child (referred and approved by China) and the news that we were making travel plans, but instead our update is that we are still waiting on a referral. All systems have been go for a referral since April when our dossier was logged in at the CCCWA in China, but so far we have not gotten the call that we have been waiting for. And the waiting, oh the waiting, it has been hard - really hard (and I do have a post on waiting that I hope to put the finishing touches on this weekend so I can finally publish it).

There is a bit of a story that goes along with all the waiting (a few of you know it as you have faithfully prayed with us), but I'm not ready to share it here just now because, well, I don't know how the story ends yet. If it ends the way we have been praying then it will be a true God story and an undeniable miracle! But even if it doesn't end the way we are hoping we know that God has a story just as wonderful and amazing in store for us.

Please continue to pray for us and for our future little one waiting in China. Pray for patience in the waiting and for trust that God has a plan far greater than anything we could hope or imagine. Pray that I will have occasion to post another adoption update very soon :) 

Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. ~Psalm 143:8


No comments:

Post a Comment