Saturday, October 8, 2011

Composer: Mozart

As part of our Charlotte Mason based homeschool we do a composer and an artist study each term, and since I know next to nothing about the famous artists and classical composers I am learning right along with the kids.

For each composer I start by scouring the online library catalogs for juvenile biographical books and musical CDs of the composer's work (I also use Amazon as a search tool to find titles and if I see something that looks good I search the library's catalog for it). If there are lots of options I narrow them down to the top 4-6 and those are the ones we use for the term.


This term's composer is Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and in this case I waded through tons of hits. Here are the books and CD that made the cut:

BOOKS
Amadeus Mozart by Ibi Lepscky
Young Mozart by Rachel Isadora
Mozart by Ann Rachlin (Famous Children Series)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart by Barrie Carson Turner (Famous Childhoods Series)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Musical Genius by Steward Ross (Famous Lives Series)

MUSCIAL CD
The Very Best of Mozart Naxos

No comments:

Post a Comment