Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday

Friends

Today's Thoughtful Thursday post is dedicated to all my wonderful friends. I am so thankful for each and every one of you and your friendships are a true blessing.

I love this picture of the friendship and love between Jonathan and David:
As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. ~1 Samuel 18:1

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow.
~Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Oil and perfume make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel.
~Proverbs 27:9

The friendship of the LORD is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant.
~Psalm 24:14


Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
~James 4:4


He who loves purity of heart, and whose speech is gracious, will have the king as his friend.
~Proverbs 22:11
 

This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
~John 15:12-16

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~


The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship.
~William Blake

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.
~Author Unknown

A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
~William Penn

No comments:

Post a Comment