Sunday, January 25, 2009

POTHOLDERS GALORE

For Christmas Jordan got a weaving kit complete with instruction book, loom, and loops. The first project was to make a potholder. Once I showed her how to put the first set of loops on the loom and then weave the second set of loops between the first set she was off. By the second potholder she was even able to do some of the edge finishing after watching me do it just a few times. She started the first potholder in the evening after dinner and finished it the next morning, and that was all it took. That day she proceeded to make four more potholders for a total of five in two days. I'm thinking we'd better start on the next project before the house is overrun by potholders.

Jordan weaving away:



Four of the five potholders:

1 comment:

  1. I had one of these while I was growing up, and it was one of our favorite rainy day activities!!!! She's done a great job on these!

    ReplyDelete